February 21, 2016

Pile It On Challenge #102

Greetings!

How are y'all doing this weekend?  Have you gotten the chance to get crafty?  I have to admit that I haven't stayed indoors much lately.  The weather in East Texas this week has been absolutely gorgeous!  We've been in the 70's, with lots of sunshine and the perfect amount of breeze. *happy sigh*  I am trying to enjoy every minute of it, as I'm headed back to Michigan on Monday, for more work training.  I see the highs there next week are only going to be in the 30's, with more snow on Thursday and Friday.  Bleh.  I will be happy to return, after my training is done. lol

It's time for another Pile It On challenge.  Our challenge this week is to use paint.  We also have a lovely sponsor, Doodle Pantry.  The winner will get to pick 3 digi's of their choice, from the shop.

 Doodle Pantry is honoured and excited to be sponsoring Pile It On!  We have a nice variety of all styles of digital images at the shop  from the whimsical to realistic. If you've never worked with digital images before we also have a full freebies page! We look forward to seeing what everyone creates this week. We also invite you to join our Challenges.

Here is the card I made.


I needed a masculine birthday card for a friend, so I wanted to challenge myself to create one for this challenge.  And who says you can't send a guy a shaker birthday card? lol  I stenciled the stars onto the base panel, with white paint.  I then created my shaker part, and glued it on.  I finished with a couple of stars and a vellum sentiment.  Easy peasy, and I like how it turned out.  I hope he enjoys it. :-)

I'm going to submit my card for the following challenges:

Seize The Birthday:  Birthday
Stamp, Ink, Paper Challenge# 35:  Sketch
Addicted To Stamps & More Challenge #181:  Anything Goes
Fab & Funky Challenge #292:  Male Birthday
Simon's Wednesday Challenge:  Shake It Up
The Male Room Challenge #29:  Monochromatic
Time Out Challenge #50:  Photo Inspiration (I loved the text and colors in this photo)
Friday Mashup Challenge #243:  Birthday & Use Stencils

So that's all for me!  I'm off to church, then going to this cute little fruit and vegetable market with one of my friends.  I'm excited to get some fresh fruit before I head off on my Michigan adventure.  I hope you'll get the chance to play along with this challenge.  Don't forget, you now have two weeks to join us.  I hope y'all have a great week!

Hugs!

11 comments:

Chris said...

Fabulous shaker card, love the design, perfect for a guy! Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky this week.
Chris
x

sandie said...

Well you rocked the shaker card for a guy. Love the background map for the shaker and the popped up stars. Hope work trip goes o.k and thanks for joining TO

HolyLise said...

I really like your card :)
The combination of stars and the map inside the shaker is really pretty!

stampwithsandy said...

Steph your card is awesome! This layout was perfect for a shaker card, and I love the stitched frame. Love the background inside the shaker, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper!

Gingin said...

Love your masculine shaker card! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

Nancy said...

Love your shaker card Steph! I especially like the vellum sentiment and the map background! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday!

Lisa said...

Great shaker card, thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

Pat said...

Great shaker card for a guy, love all the stars, thanks for sharing with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.

Pat xx

JoAnn said...

Great masculine card. I think the shaker element is perfect for a guy. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

brrenwick said...

What a fun and festive birthday card! I love the shaker frame! Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup!

Unknown said...

Your card is simply beYOUtiful. I am loving all the layers and a shaker card at the core. Lovely. Thanks so much for playing at the Friday Mashup!~amy