November 22, 2015

Pile It On #96 - Fancy Folds

Hi ya'll!

I hope you're having a great weekend, filled with lots of indoor crafty time.  It snowed here on Friday, and we got about 10 inches.  What a great time to stay indoors! lol  My mom made a huge pot of veggie beef soup, and some homemade apple dumplings, while I put together a couple of crafty projects.  My daughter had to work yesterday, but the snow was already melting, and the roads were pretty clear.  She made it with no issue.  I'm glad to be moving back to Texas, before this stuff becomes more frequent, and permanent.  Whataburger, here I come too! lol

Since it's Sunday, there is a new Pile It On challenge posted.  This challenge is to create a project with fancy folds.  Our sponsor this week is Fresh Brewed Designs, and the winner will receive 3 digi stamps of their choice. 

To be honest, I struggled a lot with this challenge.  None of the previous cards I created turned out well, at all.  After three attempts, here is the most decent of them all. 


And here are a couple more pics, so you can see the folds.



I know that the recipient of this card will enjoy it, but I think I need to create more cards with different folds, so that I'm more educated on making them.  I don't think I've ever made a card that wasn't traditional.  The addition of this adorable Fresh Brewed Designs digi, and those gorgeous Pretty Pink Posh gold sequins were perfect.  I also added some clear Wink of Stella to my pumpkin, for some additional sparkle.  In all, I think I did ok.  I'd like to submit my card for the following challenges.

Simon's Monday Challenge:  Thanks/Thanksgiving 
Addicted To Stamps #171:  Anything Goes
Color Throwdown #369:  Rusty Orange, Warm Burgundy & Pear-like Green (I tried to get as close as I could)
Aud Sentiments Challenge #145:  Anything Goes With A Sentiment
CAS-Ual Chic #5:  Precious Metals (I have gold sequins on my card)
The Friday Mashup #235:  Let's Be Thankful & Sketch (my loose interpretation)

I do hope you'll head over to the PIO blog, to see the other beautiful cards that are posted for you.  As always, they're pretty amazing!

Have a wonderful day!
 





What's In It?
Paper:  SU! Whisper White Cardstock, Green, Kraft & Orange Cardstock, Bo Bunny Apple Cider Patterned Paper
Stamps:  Fresh Brewed Designs The Great Pumpkin, Simon Says Stamp Handwritten Greetings
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Old Paper Distress Ink, Clear Wink of Stella, Copics: YR12, YR15, G40, G43 & E74
Accessories:  Pretty Pink Posh Gold Sequins, Spellbinders Large Smooth Circles & Large Big Scalloped Circles Dies, MFT Stitched Scalloped Edges Dies

No comments: