October 1, 2015

House of Cards October Challenge: Add Texture and/or Color

Yola!

How was your weekend?  Were you able to get lots of crafty time in?  How's the start to our week?  My weekend was pretty great.  The temps have cooled off significantly, and I feel like I've got lots of energy and creative mojo working.  This was my last weekend to work the part time job, for a few weeks.  We've got lots of stuff planned this month, starting this coming weekend.  My daughters birthday gift this year is tickets to see the Broadway play Wicked, in Kansas City.  We're super excited!  The weekend after that we're on our last college visit, the University of Nebraska, and then the weekend after that we have senior pictures and the Art Club sponsored Haunted House at school.  My daughter is the President of the Art Club, so this mama gets to spend all weekend helping at school.  I love it though.  Halloween is one of my favorite times of year, and I love seeing all of those cute, adorable kids in their costumes.  Whew!  Talk about a lot of activity!  I will be taking a much needed nap the final weekend of the month. lol

Anyway, onto why you're visiting today.  There is a new challenge posted at House of Cards.  This month the challenge is to use colors and/or texture from the inspiration photo.


Such a great fall inspired photo.  I love the texture from the gourds too.  Here is what I created for this months challenge.


I wanted lots of white space, so I could add pops of color from the inspiration photo.  I also used a stencil and embossing paste, to create my textured background.  I die cut the word Hello from Simon Says Stamp, five times, and layered them on top of each other for more dimension.  For a bit more added interest, I added some silver twine under the sentiment, and called it done.  I love how this turned out!  It was almost exactly how I pictured it in my head, and I know the recipient will love it.  She loves lots of texture.

I'm going to submit my card for the following challenges:

CAS Colours & Sketches:  Sketch #143 (my loose interpretation)
Inkspirational Challenge #92:  Fall Themed Inspiration Photo
Less Is More #243:  Something Shiny (my twine is metallic and is shiny)
Addicted To Stamps And More #164:  CAS
Simon's Wednesday Challenge:  Anything Goes

I'll be back soon with another something crafty.  I hope you'll head over to the House of Cards blog to see what my friends have created for you this month.  Don't forget, you have until the end of October to join us, so hopefully you'll get to play along.  I'd love to see what you do with this months inspiration photo, and visit your blogs to leave some love.

Have a wonderful week!






What's In It?
Paper:  Neenah Solar White Cardstock, SU! Pumpkin Pie Cardstock, Hunter Green Textured Cardstock
Ink:  Fossilized Amber Distress Ink
Accessories:  Embossing Paste, Silver Twine, MFT Blueprints 20 & 21 Dies, Simon Says Stamp Painted Hello Die, Simon Says Stamp Circle Dots Stencil

20 comments:

Caryn said...

Love the embossing and lovely CAS design.
Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.
Hugs,
Caryn

Chrissie said...

Lots of layers but a super design and I love the dimension of the sentiment!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kim M said...

Great card! Love all the texture and those splatters. Thanks for playing along with us over at Inkspirational! :-)

Monika Reeck said...

I really love all your texture and the splatters too Steph
really lovely add that twine too
great Hello Dies you have
Love your card concept teamie
see you my texture card :)
hugs, Monika (HOC TEAMMATE)

PS: thanks for joining us at ATSM this week too hehe :) (SMILE)

Merethe A said...

Hi Steph. Lovely card you have made here wiFun to see what you other girls have made.
(✿*‿*) Ma
Teamie HOC
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/
th fun textures and layers.

Toni said...

The CAS design makes me do a happy dance! I love the orange border--like a lot.

Toni
HOC DT Teamie

Unknown said...

Great elements on here! I love the mini orange scallops as a border, just the right amount of color.

Anne said...

What a fun card, lots going on here!
Thank you for joining us this week
Anne
"Less is More"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fun, striking and lots of attention to detail.
thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Neets B said...

Very tactile card and great dimension.
Thanks for sharing at Less is More and ATSM, Anita x

Mynn xx said...

This totally ROCKS, Steph! The fabulous use of EP, the gorgeous splash of warm tones, the focal sentiment--just WOW! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Judy V said...

Love this Steph! So simple but effective!
Judy HOC Teamie

sue t. said...

Steph- I just love your CAs card that just reads texture. Awesome!

Donna said...

Beautiful card, like your textures and how you added your splatter Steph! Donna T HOC DT

Yvonne Garner said...

Creative and unique! Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Love your cheerful card, Steph! The background color is just gorgeous!
Take care!
Michele, HOC teamie

Barbara Rankin said...

Hey Steph, I love your CAS card. I think the pops of color are just the right touch! Hugs, Barbara HOC DT

Rocky said...

Love the subtle texture and the great pops of colour, pretty!

Dotty Jo said...

What a beautiful card - proves that texture can still equal CAS, Jo x HOC/DT Teamie

Em Louise Fairley said...

Absolutely beautiful CAS card, Steph. I love it!
Hugs,
Em, HOC teamie