July 11, 2015

Friends

Howdy!

It's hot out today, so my daughter and her BFF are at the pool.  I chose to stay indoors to catch up on some chores, and make some stuff. It's going be in the 90's tomorrow, so we'll all probably hit the pool to cool off.  I'm hoping to work on my tan. lol

Here is a card I made this morning.

 
I love any shade of blue or purple with yellow, so this card makes me super happy.  I mixed some embossing paste with some MFT Lavender Fields ink, for the damask background.  I will definitely do this again.  It's so pretty, and adds a lot of texture.  I really need to use my stencils more too.  I'm going to send this to a dear friend, whom I love quite a lot.  Hope she likes it.  I was happy to combine the following challenges in my card today.

MFT Color Challenge #25:  Limelight, Peach Bellini, Daffodil & Lavender Fields
Mojo Monday #405:  Sketch
Papertake Weekly:  Anything Goes
Runway Inspired Challenge #87: Holly Fulton  (I was inspired by the lavender, and beautiful lace blouse in the photo)
CAS-ual Chic Challenge #1:  Embossing (I used embossing paste, and dry embossing)
Just Us Girls #301:  Gold

I'm off to find something to make for dinner, then see about making more stuff.  I hope ya'll have a great afternoon!

Hugs!






What's In It?
Paper: SU! Whisper White Cardstock, MFT: Peach Bellini, Daffodil & Lavender Fields Cardstock
Stamps: MFT Words of Inspiration, Reverse Confetti Love Blooms
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black Dye Ink, MFT: Lavender Fields, Limelight, Peach Bellini & Coral Crush Hybrid Ink
Accessories: Pretty Pink Posh Gold Sequins, MFT Hearts A Plenty Dies, MFT In & Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangles Dies, Reverse Confetti Love Blooms Confetti Cuts, Prima Damask Stencil, Open Book Embossing Folder, Embossing Paste

11 comments:

Greta said...

Gorgeous card--caught my eye in the gallery at CAS-ual Chic!

Ina G said...

Lovely card - so colourful and so pretty. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just beautiful! So eyecatching! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Nancy said...

Such a terrific card...love the sentiment a lot! Thanks so much for joining the girls and I this week over at JUGS!

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

Steph,
this is seriously a fantastic card! I love how you placed the yellow strip and the flower!
Very pretty and chic!

Thank you so much for taking part of our challange over the CAS-ual Chic challange !
Sending warm hugs,
Zoey!
Scrapsaurus Studio

Lisa Kind said...

The color combo is so very elegant! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Gayatri said...

Great sentiment! Gorgeous card. Great take on Runway Inspired Challenge. Thanks for playing along :)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

A lovely sentiment on such a pretty card! Great color choices too. Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway! :)

Veronica Z said...

Your card is beautiful and I just love the sentiment. You used the colors beautifully! Thank you for playing along with the MFT Color Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant mix of embossing patterns!! Lovely card!! Thanks for playing along with our NEW CAS-ual Chic challenge, hope to see you again!

Susanne Rose said...

Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us over the CAS-ual Chic Challenge Blog. Hugs, Susanne.