August 29, 2011

Feel Better

Hi ya'll!

Did you have a good weekend?  It was another hot one for us here in DFW, but we managed to stay cool in the pool.  I love having a pool.  My brother in law was in town for a ministry conference, so it was nice to spend some time with him as well.  I did get to crop on Saturday night at my friend Joni's.  We had such a blast.  She's truly a blessing in my life. 

I got a couple of cards put together, but this one is the one I liked most. 


I'm sure by now, ya'll know how difficult it is for me to create masculine cards.  My friend helped me with some of the elements of this card as well.  This time he chose the colors chocolate, red and tan (for which I used kraft again), and buttons.  He also wanted me to create a masculine card.  This isn't the original card I put together first.  I did take it apart and add a couple of things before I was truly happy with it.  I think it turned out ok.  It just so happens that recently one of my transportation contacts was injured while playing basketball at a family bbq, and wound up in a coma from a concussion.  He's awake and coherent now, but it was a reminder of how quickly things can alter ones life, and another huge reminder of how short life can be.  My supervisor and I agreed that we should send him a card.  I'm going to enter it in the following challenges:

Crazy4Challenges #102 - Masculine
Cards 4 Men #17 - Anything Goes
Colour Create #78 - Kraft, Red & White
Papertake Weekly 8/23 - Dies

It's back to work for me today, but I will be busy in the evenings this week creating some stuff for a special order.  I don't normally take orders, but my friend made me an offer I couldn't refuse.  Dang peer pressure. lol  I'll be back soon with another card.

Also, before I forget, we've got some new stuff happening over at the FYI blog on Thursday.  I can't wait to share the news, and introduce you to my two new girls.  I'm SO excited!  Don't forget to check back on Thursday to see what all I'm talking about.

Have a great day!
Hugs!

2 comments:

dstandard said...

WOw this is beautiful Steph! Love the embossing and the stitching on this!

Sylvia said...

What a fantastic card:-))
Lovley use of our colours and fabulous design.
Thanks for playing along with us over at Colour Create.
Sylvia
DT member.